Skip to main content
Shop LATHER

Never Give Up On You

Don't compare yourself with someone else's version of happy or thin. Accepting yourself burns the most calories. - Caroline Rhea

Chantel Bernal in Dance
155-160 pounds
and considered 
overweight


Today, I'm taking a moment to reflect back on my life long weight loss journey (still in progress). Since my teens I've always been overweight according to my height. I kept most of it down during my dancing days but I still was thicker than most girls in my class.  I got teased in school ... "Channie wannie with the big fat fannie" the kids would chant as they walked behind me... I hated that!  Funny thing is now, I look back at those high school pictures and thought I looked HOT! I'd kill to be that weight again! But when I was that age I had low self esteem and thought I was the fattest person in the world. Kids are just so mean these days. I really wish I knew then what I know now and what a world of difference it would have made for me. Needless to say I hated every day of High School.

So back to the present ... just a few weeks ago I started binge eating and just not care anymore. For a year I have been trying to lose the baby and newlywed weight. After the baby was born I lost about 25 lbs ... not too bad ... but had gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy overall and 20 more after my wedding - that's 50 POUNDS in ONE year!! HOLY MOLY that's a lot of weight for this small 5'3" frame. The quick weight gain also lead to arthritis in the knee caps and at one point landed me in the hospital as I kept pushing past the pain to the point when I couldn't not move my left leg. I was in so much pain.  My life has changed so much since I got pregnant and I've been trying so hard to get back to the good old days.  So after trying almost every weight loss formula you could buy and follow a low carb/sugar food plan with no success ... I'm sure you can see how the depression set in. I felt like I was getting nowhere.

About two weeks ago I started a new weight loss plan. This plan is not new to me as I've been on it before and had success. I was avoiding it trying to do more budget friendly weight loss plans as this one is rather expensive. I was even hesitant to start at first but my mom was the one that said let's do it together ... a mother daughter team! How could I say NO to mom?!  So we started together two weeks ago and we are both doing very well on it. In two weeks I lost 7 pounds and I think she lost 8 or so... but we were both ecstatic! Today, I just woke up feeling so rejuvenated and happy to not only see the progress but to FEEL the progress as my body feels so good on the inside.

I know those of you on your own weight loss journey can relate a little to my story and probably have a story of your own to share. However long your journey may be ... never give up on you!  If you need additional support you can also join my FREE weight loss support group Get Bodylicious Now on Facebook.

Chantel Bernal preggo
Chantel pregnant with 2nd Baby
I expanded in both directions!
Dec 2013

Chantel Bernal after delivery
Chantel a few weeks after
delivery. Lost some.
Jan 2013

  I'm a long way from my dancing days, but at least there is some improvement!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RumChata Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots

I can't wait to try this!   If you try this recipe please comment and let us know how you liked it. Find Natural Face Skincare at LATHER INGREDIENTS: 1 small Pkg. pumpkin spice instant pudding 3/4 Cup Milk 3/4 Cup RumChata 8oz tub Cool Whip DIRECTIONS: 1. Whisk together the milk, liquor, and instant pudding mix in a bowl until combined.  2. Add cool whip a little at a time with whisk.  3.Spoon the pudding mixture into shot glasses , disposable shot cups or 1 or 2 ounce cups with lids. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. Watch the video to see this recipe in action: If you try this recipe please comment on how you liked it! SEE ALSO: Easy Pumpkin Party Favors No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Suffer from Anxiety, Panic Attacks,  Sleep Disorders or Chronic Pain?   Get relief from 100% Pure CBD Oil Drops: - Made with Certified Organic Hemp - Non GMO 100% all natural ingredients - FDA Approved

Do You Know Your Poop?

Do you know your poop?  Seriously, this is an important questions. Knowing your poop can help you determine what you need in your diet of if something else is wrong. So next time you go to the bathroom, instead of a quick flush, take a glance at your work of art as it can help determine if there are any issues with your diet or overall health. Source:   HealthWorks

Tasty Low Carb Chicken Dinner

Check out this low carb meal for your next family dinner.